Monday, September 26, 2011

Presentation Reflection

1)  In what way did the first interview affect your presentation?  Please explain, be specific and use an example.

My presentation was based on the information I received from my first interview with the first grade teacher I do service learning with.  I covered a small part of the information from the interview that I found interesting and related to some of the information I found in the research I’ve done.  The basis of what I presented out came from the additional question from my first interview, which was what do you find most difficult about teaching first graders?  My interviewee had answered that encouraging her students to read and make learning exciting was one of the most difficult parts, but important.  That’s the information I based most of my presentation on.


2)  What you say stood out about your presentation performance and why?

I say that what stood out about my presentation performance was my enthusiasm.  I felt like as if I was telling my friends about the interesting things I learned through my interview, research, and service learning.  In addition, I gave an example of teacher doing a poor job in encouraging his/her students to read by expressing the lack of enthusiasm while he/she tells a story, which was an important part of my presentation.  

3)  What was the most challenging to do and why?

The most challenging was to keep my presentation under five minutes.  I felt like I had so much information to present and a lot to cover in such little time.  When I went over my outline, it seemed like I wouldn’t be able to present everything I wanted, such as the example of the activity the first grade teachers I work with do and also, iinformation towards children being active in reading activities.  I did end up cutting a few parts out, however, and ended up working well for me when it came to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment