Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blog 1: Senior Project Topic

What is your topic?

My Senior Project topic is Teaching First Graders.

Why?

I wanted my project to do with children, since I like to help out children with their homework or reading like I did this summer at the Pomona Public Library.  It makes me feel good about myself and useful.  Moreover, a possible career choice I have is Pediatrics, which involves children.  However, I didn't want to do Pediatrics for my topic because I wanted to try something more creative for my project and something that included more interaction with people.  Another reason why I chose this topic is because there is an elementary school close by my house, and I think it is going to be a great experience volunteering at the school I used to attend.  It will also be interesting to observe teaching from another perspective. 

What do you hope to accomplish after studying this topic all year?

  
I hope to improve my communication skills by delivering my thoughts more clearly and with more confidence.  I also hope to improve my social skills by interacting with the children and teachers I will work with.  I feel like it will be an enlightening experience, observing the ways of teaching.  Especially in the future when I have children, I hope to apply my knowledge from the experience of the project towards them and wherever else I may have the chance to.   
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment