Monday, May 21, 2012

Senior Project Reflection


1)      Positive Statement:  I am most proud of my service learning for my senior project.  I feel like I’ve dedicated a lot of time for my service learning, and I feel like my work there was significant.  I loved helping and working with the struggling learners in Mrs. Naccara’s first grade class.  Also, I felt good about my work with Ms. Horwitz students on the Read it! Read it.  I did not only test them, but encouraged them to work hard and be prepared.  I also help those who get a little more frustrated with reading the sight words and give them whatever they need to study.

22)       A.  I would give myself a P+.  I should have kept a better track of time with my presentation overall, so I’d be able to have the class finish the last activity, but I do feel like I met all the requirements. 

B.  For my senior project overall, I’d give myself a P+ because of my independent component one being a little late and having more trouble with it.  However, I feel like I did work really hard in that component and I continued to go help Ms Underwood’s kindergarten class after I finished.  I feel like I tried my hardest in every other component within the senior project.

33)      What worked for me was my topic in general.  I was able to find research and service learning on it.  Most importantly, I really enjoyed working on my senior project since it was such an interesting, fun topic for me, but what worked for me the most was my service learning.  I went above the required hours and gained a lot of work experience with students.  

44)      What didn’t work for me in my senior project was my independent component one, only because I didn’t gather the required amount of hours by the due date.  Though, it was a great experience (observing and helping a kindergarten class) and helped me a lot with getting my answers and getting examples to work with.

55)  If I ever want to work in other schools after high school or different programs to help children, I'd have more experience that can help me easily transition and apply new techniques that I've learned through my senior project.  I've also made connections through my senior project; so, if I ever need recommendations I know who to go to.  


No comments:

Post a Comment