Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

1)  For my independent component I plan on observing a Kindergarten class probably twice a week, the same time I go to volunteer with the first grade teachers.  Where I would volunteer is the same elementary school I already volunteer at. 

2)  I believe  that if I go twice a week to observe the Kindergarten class for at least an hour or so, I'd  be able to have the hourse finished by the given due date.  If I start noticing within the first week that I may not be able to achieve the full hours required, then I will stay after school to help the kindergarten teacher I decide to do my independent component with or maybe another kindergarten teacher who  may need more assistance. 

3)  My essential question is "What is the best teaching method a first grade teacher can use?" and my independent study is observing kindergarten classes, which allows me to observe the teaching methods they use then, and how they compare to the ones the first grade teachers use.  I'd be able to notice which methods are similar and hopefully discover why that is. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd like you to keep a log of your observations. How does this differ from teaching 1st grade. What are the skills that feed into skills taught in 1st grade?

    Let me know if you'd like to observe some other first grade classes. My son's teacher might allow it.

    ReplyDelete